I RACCONTI

contest letterario

« Older   Newer »

1. nush

User deleted

pratchett è fantasy satirico surreale di altissima qualità.

2. gossipgrl

User deleted

da dove inizio? http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url...atchett&x=0&y=0

vi ho detto che figata inenarrabile-la-vostra-vita-non-sarà-mai-più-la-stessa è il kindle?

porco mondo disco!

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    (la mia mail è più in basso; stendiamo un velo pietoso sull'inglese...)

Thanks for your email. We can't see any problem, but would like to know how long the quote you plan to use is.

Only half the books have been published? True. It's not been for lack of the rights agents' lack of trying. The Italian publishers don't seem to have been successful at marketing Terry, so they are slow at deciding to publish new ones. I wish we could get them to move up a gear ...

Best wishes

Colin Smythe

In a message dated 04/01/2011 14:49:31 GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
    Good afternoon,

first of all I have to apologize for my rusty and scholastic English.

I am publishing a new novel, as a writer and as an editor (www.sorrisidicarta.it): it is a comic fantasy.

I would like to quote a passage from Men at arms as a sort of dedication to whom I consider a master of fantasy literature, Terry Pratchett; I know that there is no need of legal permission for short quotes, anyway it seems more correct to me to inform Mr. Pratchett about that.

I would also like to take this opportunity to ask why less than the half of Terry Pratchett's books are translated in Italian.

I thank you for your attention.

Best Regards

PER GOSSIP:
    inizia con la trilogia: a me le guardie-piedi d'argilla-uomini d'arme

4. nush

User deleted

no no no, inizia con falling stars. è una parodia del cinema STR-PI-TO-SA.

no aspetta, il titolo inglese è Moving Pictures.

in alternativa Wyrd sisters e witches abroad

5. Pongi.

User deleted

Io prendo nota!

6. gossipgrl

User deleted

You can go to your Kindle to start reading.

ciao.

7. nush

User deleted

ma quali hai scaricato?

8. gossipgrl

User deleted

QUOTE (Pongi. @ 24/1/2011, 17:26) 
    Io prendo nota!

sei lenta. sei antica.

QUOTE (nush @ 24/1/2011, 17:28) 
    ma quali hai scaricato?

moving pictures: non inizio per principio da una trilogia.

9. nush

User deleted

non te ne pentirai. mentre lo leggevo vi pensavo.

porco mondo disco!

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    CITAZIONE (gossipgrl @ 24/1/2011, 17:29) 
    moving pictures: non inizio per principio da una trilogia.

:rame:

paradossalmente, il primo che in italia l'ha reso famoso, il piccolo popolo dei grandi magazzini, è l'unico che non mi piace

e comunque, allora, potreste pure leggervi la compagnia del somaro sdraiato :rame:

11. Pongi.

User deleted

CITAZIONE (gossipgrl @ 24/1/2011, 17:29) 
    CITAZIONE (Pongi. @ 24/1/2011, 17:26) 
    Io prendo nota!

sei lenta. sei antica.

Io i libri li leggo solo di carta :rame:

12. gossipgrl

User deleted

QUOTE (Pongi. @ 24/1/2011, 17:36) 
    QUOTE (gossipgrl @ 24/1/2011, 17:29) 
    sei lenta. sei antica.

Io i libri li leggo solo di carta :rame:

certo, certo. e ti scaldi solo col fuoco. e ti curi con le erbe raccolte durante pleniluni.

e verrà il giorno in cui capirai.

13. nush

User deleted

se vi serve un'ordine di lettura:

http://www.lspace.org/books/reading-order-...er-guide-20.jpg

e un tizio ci ha costruito teorie sul punto da cui iniziare:

CITAZIONE
    It all comes down to, I think, what you're initially looking to get out of the series.

Colour of Magic: For completists. First book in the series. All-out parody of assorted fantasy tropes and novels, some largely forgotten these days. Has kind of a Simpsons Season 1 Syndrome thing going where it doesn't really resemble the rest of the series. Some characters & concepts survive to become more important, some are swept under the rug.

Mort: For plot-lovers. Fourth book in the series. Death hires an apprentice. First book where Pratchett gets more serious about ongoing plotlines, start of the "Death" cycle.

Moving Pictures: For those that like the nutty. Imprisoned eldritch horror attempts to escape by turning the Disc into Hollywood ca. 1930. A more mature "wacky" novel. Standalone, but introduces several characters (Rudcully!). The apogee of the goofy-fun aspect of Discworld.

Small Gods: For those that like the thinky. Big-shot local diety gets his comeuppance, has to deal with the nature of belief. Standalone, first one with strong philosophical elements.

The strongest books are later in the line (Thud is pretty good), but they depend a lot on prior character development for their impact. Even later standalones like Going Postal rely on knowlege of who this Patrician guy is and why we should be rooting for him (and why a medieval fantasy universe is suddenly Victorian, and what's up with those nosy creeps in the City Watch).

Oh, and if you want to experience the closest thing possible to a backstory-free Discworld novel in Pratchett's mature style: The Wee Free Men, the start of a young-adult series set on the Disc. Very little reliance on prior events, and aside from the underage heroine, there's nothing kiddie-lit about it.

14. dips'y

User deleted

il sedano rapa è bellissimo!
    povero signor luciano b.

15. raffina.

User deleted

ecco. li ho letti tutti. e non so quale votare.

r

122 replies since 24/1/2011, 13:14   3582 views